Chicken Handi ingredients
- 1 kg Boneless Chicken
- 2 tsp Garlic (crushed)
- Salt as per taste
- 3 medium Onions (sliced)
- 3 medium boiled and blended Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup whipped Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Garam Masla Powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds (roasted and ground)
- 6-8 Almonds
- 2 tbsp Coconut
- 2 tbsp Margine or butter
- 2 cups Stock
- 3/4 cup Cooking Oil
- 1 cup Fresh Cream
- 1 tsp Dry Fenugreek
- Almonds a few
How to make Chicken Handi
- To make the stock, boil 1/2 kg chicken bones in pot with 6-8 cups of water until only two cups of stoke remain.
- To avoid heek,add one small whole peeled onion and 2-4 black pepper corns when it comes to a boil.
- In a earthenware pot,boil one onion and 1 teaspoon of garlic in the stock.
- When tender remove from the heat and add 1/4 cup Cooking Oil.
- Grind in a food processor and keep aside.
- In the same pot, heat the remaining Cooking Oil on medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Blend Yogurt with almonds and coconut to make a smooth paste and add it to the pot with 1 teaspoons of garlic.
- Stir well for 3-4 minutes.Add tomatoes, salt, red chillies,turmeric cumin and garam masala and stir well until oil separates.
- Add chicken and cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
- In a frying pan,melt butter or margarine and add the ground onion mixture.
- Stir well until the mixture dries completely and add to the chicken pot.
- Mix well and cook the chicken for another 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
Chicken Handi is ready to serve hot in handi with paratha or naan.
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 40-50 Mins
Yield: 6-8 servings